Today is the first of hopefully many Thankful Thursday submissions from me. I am imagining that most days I will be able to find this day’s adventure of writing easier than others. The writing part that is. Probably not so much the finding the time part. You know though, the other day I asked God to find me the time if he wanted me to write and the even weirder thing, he did. Seriously, he has come through everyday with time for me to write. It is just that sometimes, like yesterday, I don’t take that time. I almost didn’t write tonight either. I got distracted by the internet. Yeah, I said the whole internet and not just one specific thing on the internet but rather Facebook is a gateway to the rest of the place and before you know it I’ve watched 2 videos, looked at countless pictures and Ads for diet stuff. Laughed at some jokes and read some recipes. Then I realize, oh my gosh! I am wasting my writing time. So here I am now, writing my thing at 11 pm. Well guess what, that is all part of it I suppose. At least I am writing now and at least I gave myself another new beginning today.
I guess this all leads up to my thankful list because I can think of at least 3 things I am thankful for right off the top of my head and once I get started I’m sure there will be more.
1. My God, I am so thankful for him. I am thankful for his forgiveness, his unconditional love, and his blessings that he pours out to me daily.
2. My first blessing is my family. I’m talking Daren, Brittany, my Mom, Chris, Lisa & Madison, and Cory. I am thankful for the people who love my family too. I am thankful that each person in my family is different but we all are accepting, forgiving and stubborn.
3. My friends and I am so thankful to call them many. I never knew how many friends I had until a month ago when my dad died. I was blown away at the generosity and love that so many shared.
4. Technology. I love my gadgets. I love being able to stay connected everywhere. (I know it is shallow but I believe we all have shallow parts and this is my confession. lol)
5. Coffee. For those of you who know me, you are not surprised by the top 5 appearance of this jem. I am a coffee snob and I prefer mine and my mothers to anyone’s. There is always a cup waiting for you at my house.